Hey there, yes You!
What’s stopping you from making that change?
What’s stopping you from doing the things you want or from being the person you want to be?
Consider, what you think about is what you move towards. My question to you… what are you thinking about?
Realize, only you can decide and take the necessary action in order to change things in your life. It’s all about your mindset. Your decision! Your choice to Do or Not to Do! It doesn’t matter what you’ve been through, you can start right now to change your story. To change your life! What are you waiting for?
Let us introduce you to Jill Rogers; she is a survivor who refused to stay a victim. She shifted her mindset to change her story in order to change her life.
≈≈≈≈ Jill Rogers ≈≈≈≈
3WV: Tell us a little about yourself.
- I am a wife, mother, grandmother to 8, an Author, Restoring the Foundations Minister (Integrated Approach Healing Ministry), I have been a victim of rape and have walked through 3 divorces. I have tried to take the different things that I’ve walked through in life and use the things that I have learned to help others instead of staying in a victim mindset.
3WV: Why is your mindset so important?
- Your mindset and what you choose to believe is exactly what you can make happen in your life.
3WV: How important is it to shift your mindset in order to get positive results in your life?
- It means absolutely everything. After I got raped, I realized that I was learning many things as I walked through the whole procedure. I realized that it was like going through a college course, a course of empathy for others that had walked through it, too; and an overcoming strength that no one could understand unless they had walked through it.
3WV: How are your actions related to your mindset?
- Your actions are very important because they actually birth what you believe. I believed that my life was spared in this event for a special purpose. Everything that came along after that was part of the purpose. I was determined to fulfill that purpose. I couldn’t give up on it. I had actually promised God in the very beginning that if I lived, I would help others!
3WV: How does your surroundings impact the way you think and the way you change?
- If we continually subject ourselves to negative and abusive people, it is very hard to rise above it. We have to make a choice to stay away from toxic people. If we are around positive people who speak life and love into us without manipulation, it helps us to thrive, grow and change; just like watering a flower, we come to life.
3WV: Is there such thing as a spiritual mindset to a spiritual change?
- Yes letting God have your problems, cares, and your past in His care and turning it all over to Him. The signs that you have done that are: more peace, more joy, more freedom, better relationships, and more love.
3WV: In your opinion, what are some ways to change your mindset?
- Meditate on positive things
- Go for counseling
- Attend a church
- Read God’s word
- Attend a support group
- Obtain new information
- Forgive. I could not have ever helped anyone if I had not forgiven the person that raped me. Forgiveness is the most important change that someone can make, and definitely the hardest to do. I try to walk in forgiveness with everyone at all times.
- Another thing I had to do, was to be open to receive any help that I needed, and for healing. We all can use people speaking into our lives.
- Having the proper boundaries in place in our lives helps us to have peace, which helps to align things the proper way.
3WV: What are some consequences for not changing your mindset?
- Staying stuck right where you are
- Having no changes or results
- Not producing good fruit and growth in your life
3WV: Realizing that change starts in the mind, what advice would you give to anyone who may want to change their mindset in order to change their life, but is struggling with the fear of change or don’t know the first step in the process to change?
- In order to change, we have to be willing to get out of our comfort zone and reach out for help. If it be a support group or a call to a counselor, there is much help available to anyone that needs it. Celebrate Recovery is a good resource available also.
- It is impossible to change without being willing to step out of your comfort zone. Trust me, it will be well worth it.
- I also know there are a few of you who may have felt misunderstood or lost within the church, for whatever reason, and I am very sensitive to that. I’d like to welcome anyone with any beliefs to read my books, and to learn new things. In addition, you can reach out to me.
My contact information is:
11 thoughts on “Change Your Mindset to Change Your Life”
glad to be one of several visitors on this awesome website : D.
Thanks for the compliment. Please share it.
some times its a pain in the ass to read what blog owners wrote but this internet site is really user friendly! .
We are happy our site was user-friendly for you. Being easy to read and follow was important to us. Thanks for visiting and commenting.
Debbie & Rhonda
This statement is so,so true. It is impossible to change without being willing to step out of your comfort zone. Trust me, it will be well worth it. I recently walked away from a very bad 12 year marriage where I paid for everything (75% of the bills, all the food, the trips, the taxes, dinners, dates, etc.). I could not get him to exercise with me. I could not get him to go to church with me. All the things we did the first 5 years, completely gone. He came home went to the master bedroom, I came home went to the living room. We were married on paper only. In public we appeared to be a happy couple, but those close to me saw and knew my personal pain. Because this was not my first marriage….I was trying to hang in there for the sake of hanging in there, while being extremely miserable, lonely and depressed. I use to sit in the bed and imagine suffocating him with a pillow (lol). I tried to hang in there, until one morning I prayed and I received my answer. This is not your life. You deserve better. There is better. You will be alright. Because I walked away from a marriage there were financial repercussions (he wiped out my bank account, he made threats towards my children, and the debt piled up). At almost 53 I am financially reinventing myself (definitely not where I thought I would be) and starting all over again. How is it possible that I am financially struggling to stay afloat, but I am the happiest I have ever been? It’s because I stayed still and listened to the message and it was the best decision of my life. I even met a man who while we are from different backgrounds and financial status…..we are soooooooooooooooooo much alike. I stepped out of my comfort zone and its was soooooooooooooo worth it. Thanks for another mentally stimulating and educational article. I look forward to reading many more.
First, thanks for responding. You rock! It matters to us what people think and how they feel. It is our goal to be a listening ear, provide comfort, encouragement and educate, share in thoughts, and develop relationships with women as we learn and grow together in this thing called “life.” As I stated in our first blog, “We are stronger when our mind, body and souls are in sync.” I truly believe that.
And yes, anytime a major change is needed in our lives, it takes a mindset change first, then a willingness to step out of one’s comfort zone. In doing so, we can eliminate fear, anxiety and begin to see things more clearly, especially with prayer. Bravo to you for finding the strength and courage to make the necessary change you needed in your life for your sanity.
I like what you said, “This is not your life.” How powerful this statement is for change. It’s the kind of statement that can propel people to move pass their circumstances and make decisions to that can free them from heartache, pain and misery. It is a life-changing statement that more people need to say to themselves.
I’m so happy you chose to live the life you want and not the life your husbands tried to choose for you. What power! With God on your side and prayer as you weapon, you walked away on faith despite the challenges you may have had to face. What conviction! Just like you, what people have to realize is that having faith is awesome and unrelenting. It can move you pass many circumstances. Kudos to you for moving pass yours, and in the end finding the happiness you so desired. We wish you love, peace and joy as you continue to travel on your journey through life.
Looking forward to hearing more of your enlightening comments. And please remember to share on your social media pages as we need your support to try and spread the word about our blog. Thanking you in advance.
Debbie and Rhonda
I’ve changed my mindset in the past to achieve set goals that I’d set for myself… the change included geographical change and letting go of toxic people that meant me no good and it worked for me abundantly. I’ve had some tragedies in my past, to name a few, multiple MOLESTATIONS, Drug Addiction (1999/sobriety)and Injuries from a house fire that has left me visually scarred for life, but I refuse to allow any of them to keep me from progressing. Through it all, I’m still blessed!!! I’m now in a mindset change and focused on my next move to better myself. I’m 50+ and a prime example that you’re never too old to set and reach set goals. With the faith the size of a mustard seed , and a positive mindset , the sky’s the limit…. #noroomfornegativity
P. S. Signed Kim😊
Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your support is invaluable.
I’m so glad that you shifted your mindset in order to make the necessary changes in your life to free yourself from your past. With all the tragedies you have endured, the important thing is that you didn’t let it stop you from living, from dreaming, and from moving on. With what you have gone through, I’m sure, it has made you stronger, wiser, and better.
I thank God, He saw fit to keep you here with us because you could have given up. It is so important to remember when we choose to change, the change has to start in the mind first; which you accomplished, then you took action and removed yourself from toxic people, which we will be discussing at a later date in another blog, then you changed your location. Kudos to you for making the decision to change people, places and things.
Thank God for your faith, positive mindset, and God’s interceding on your behalf. Now you are a living testimony that anything is possible. We wish you the best in accomplishing your goals. Thanks for sharing your story!
Debbie and Rhonda
I do believe your mindset makes all the difference. With God ALL things are possible. What we believe is so important. We get to choose our beliefs! We really do. We get to choose to believe what direction we want to go from here. If I’m going the right way, peace, joy, love are following me, then I get to choose to keep going. If I’m stuck, I can choose to stay that way, causing frustration and low-self esteem, attitude issues, or I can ask for help from a trustworthy source. Counselors are incredible. Accountability groups are amazing! At the end of the day, we get to choose!
Thanks so much for sharing your comment. We value your opinion and appreciate you. Your suggestions of ways to get up, if stuck, and alternative motivators are great advice to share with our readers.The opportunity of having a choice allows us to remain independent which many of us treasure. Please sign up , if you haven’t and please share the post. We are looking forward to future conversations with you.
What a great prospective on how important the way we think impacts our direction. Understanding that once the decision is made in our mind, we can follow it with the right actions to move to where we are trying to go. Like you said, as long as we believe and with God on our side, anything is possible. Choice is so important because it impacts the way we live. In fact, we can choose to do or not to do, to win or to fail, to be or not be; and when we choose there will be consequences for our choices, whether good or bad, depending on what we believe. That’s why it is so important to make better choices in our minds to get better results in our lives. With better choices comes love, peace, and joy that we get to experience and display to the world.
And yes, we can never forget to ask for help. There will always be information, answers, and people who you can turn to for guidance or resources you need. You are right, at the end of the day, it is our choice.
Thanks so much for your comment and support. We are looking forward to chatting with you on more of our post. And please like and share it.
Comments are closed.